Uniting the people and resources of Charlevoix and Emmet Counties to build strong communities.
Communities where individuals and families achieve their potential through education, income stability and healthy lives.
- Collective Impact – We are better together, United. Char-Em United Way inspires people to get involved and focuses our collective resources for amplified results.
- Equity of opportunity – We recognize inequities in our community and prioritize our resources to level the playing field so everyone can aspire to reach their full potential.
- Service – We believe volunteerism transforms our communities and ourselves.
- Connection – Our relationships—corporate, nonprofit, government, faith and philanthropic—are unique and strengthen our ability to collaborate, convene, leverage and achieve change.
- Integrity – We act with integrity, in a transparent manner that justifies trust.
- Innovation – We support new and better ways to solve old problems.
- Measureable – We pursue excellence through ongoing assessment to achieve our goals.
- Passion – We are tenaciously committed to building strong communities and driving positive social change.
480 W. Mitchell Street
P.O. Box 1701
Petoskey MI 49770
Number of Funded Partner Agencies: 10
Number of Funded Programs: 12
- Early Literacy - Dolly Parton Imagination Library
- Volunteer Connections
- Poverty Reduction
- Friends Enhancing Emmet Transit
View our updated Strategic Plan: Moving toward 2020
Statement on Diversity
Diversity and inclusion are at the heart of what it means to LIVE UNITED. To effectively and authentically address our communities’ most pressing needs requires an outward and intentional commitment to inclusion across all dimensions (race, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, physical or mental ability, etc.).
We have met all of the Criteria for Membership in United Way Worldwide.